Water Safety at Kyneton Bushland Resort
Kyneton Bushland Resort is very conscious of the danger that water poses and we have taken a number of steps to minimise the potential risk to guests and members.
The Resort pool complex is unmanned and for this reason it is important that people are especially careful. At the pool please pay close attention to the signs indicating rules, safety behaviour and pool depth. Here are some safety tips to remember while you are enjoying the resort facilities:
- Children under 13 years of age are not permitted in the pool without adult supervision.
- Be aware of other people in the pool, particularly when it is crowded. Watch out for young children.
- Supervision is the key to preventing drowning. Supervision means constant watching, not occasionally glancing at your child while you do something else.
- Do not leave underage children at the pool by themselves. If you are leaving the pool complex for any period of time please be sure to take children with you.
- Always swim in pairs; if you get into trouble someone will be there to help.
- Always obey the pool safety rules. In case of an emergency call 000 for Police, Fire and Ambulance.
- If there are any problems at the pool complex, please report them to reception as soon as possible.
- The gates have been fitted with child safety latches to ensure that children cannot enter or leave the pool complex without adult assistance. Do not assist children under the age of 13 who are not under your supervision to enter the pool complex.
Sauna & Spa
- For safety reasons guests are asked not to use the pool water in the sauna.
- Children under 13 years require adult supervision when using the sauna.
- Children under 8 years of age (because of their low body mass) and people with medical conditions should not use the spa. Children between the ages of 8 and 13 years should always be supervised while they are using the spa. The extreme heat can cause dehydration and other medical problems.
- The water at the lake edge is very shallow; there is to be no diving or jumping from the lake edge or the bridge.
- Make sure that children are constantly supervised when they are near the lake.
- Persons under 18 years of age must present at reception a permission slip signed by their parent or guardian to borrow any watercraft.
- All persons using the watercraft MUST wear life jackets at all times.